Lots of Michigan Genealogy Resources for Free

I spent the last day going through the many posts I've written here. As I looked through them all, I realized that I have a lot of resources for some states and little to none for others. In the next few weeks, I'm going to try to remedy that. With that in mind, today's freebie focuses on the state of Michigan.

Seeking Michigan offers a wealth of genealogy information at no cost. Clicking on seek allows you to search the collections. Discover shows you the collections available. These include:
  • Architecture
  • Civil War Battle Flags
  • Civil War Manuscripts
  • Civil War Photographs
  • Civil War Service Records
  • Death Records 1897-1920
  • Early Documents
  • Early Photography
  • GLO Plat Maps
  • Governors of Michigan
  • Lighthouses and Life-saving Stations
  • Main Streets
  • Maps
  • Music of Michigan
  • Oral Histories
  • WPA Property Inventories

The look tab takes you to the site's blog which posts weekly highlighting an item from the archives' collections.

1 comments:

  • PalmsRV says:
    September 1, 2011 at 12:04 PM

    One of my "go to" sites. Thanks for highlighting it and reminding me that it's more than death and Civil War records.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
468x60 (static) Trade Books for Free - PaperBack Swap.