Free Resource for Photo Editing

This weekend, I've been playing with a new (to me anyway) photo editing program. I had found another cousin on Facebook who was sharing family pictures and I wanted to get them edited and organized on my computer. While I do have a couple editing softwares on my computer already, I remembered that I had heard a while back about a program that not only edited your photos, but also ran them through a facial recognition program to help identify the people in them. It sounded like something that could be helpful, especially for the old family photos that I have got from various people.

It didn't take me long to find the program that did it, Google Picasa. After letting it run through all my photographs, I started tagging some. It wasn't long before it started recognizing some people. The more photos that were tagged, the better it got at identifying other ones. My daughter's pictures make up the majority of my photographs so it was pretty good with her face.

One thing I like about the program is that if it isn't sure about an identification, it offers the most likely people as suggestions. Since facial features tend to be similar in family members, the suggestions were often family members.

Are these pictures of the same little girl?




Picasa often confused these three. The top picture is me as a baby, the second is my daughter and the third is my sister's daughter. As you can tell, there is a strong resemblance. The resemblance between my daughter and her cousin is strong enough that when they are together, most people assume they are sisters.

4 comments:

  • Smith says:
    August 21, 2021 at 5:30 AM

    No doubt Google picasa is one of the best tools for image editing. But there are many more available in the market- for example: GIMP, Paint.NET, Photoshop Express etc. You may try them.

  • Rashed Shaon says:
    August 30, 2021 at 2:13 AM

    Photo Lab is a very good photo editing app full of filters and effects; you can have fun or do some professional-looking work. You can even turn your photos into cartoons, and you can swap faces and make collages.

    Photo Lab is an app designed to give free rein to your creativity. It’s also a social app with a big community of followers that’ll help you stay inspired.

  • Rafiqul Islam says:
    August 16, 2022 at 5:17 AM

    You did a fantastic job. Photo editing is very easy when you know the right software. Among all the software, PicsArt is also a good software to use for any type of photo editing task. Although your Picasa photo editing app is really outstanding software to fix color and other problems. Thank you for sharing this post.

  • Nancy McKinney says:
    September 28, 2023 at 7:28 AM

    Thanks for being a reliable authority.

    Visit Here: Headshot Retouching Services

Related Posts with Thumbnails
468x60 (static) Trade Books for Free - PaperBack Swap.