Free Genealogy Book-Basics of Genealogy Reference: A Librarian's Guide

Earlier today I was looking at the free digital version of The Researcher's Guide to American Genealogy. It's offered through Scribd so I decided to poke around the website and see what other genealogy books they had available. As it turns out, the site has a lot of genealogy material, including presentations by libraries, genealogies and a couple books.

One of the books I came across was Basics of Genealogy Reference: A Librarian's Guide. While written for librarians who will be assisting patrons with genealogy, it's also a good reference for those looking for more avenues to take their research.

Basics of genealogy reference a librarian’s guide

3 comments:

  • Sheri Fenley says:
    September 2, 2011 at 12:18 PM

    Hello,

    I went to the Scribd site and found the book you said was free - "The Researcher's Guide To American Genealogy"

    I tried to download the book and it is not free. Evidently you can read the book online at the Scribd website free of charge, but you cannot download the book without paying a fee.

  • Free Genealogy Resources says:
    September 2, 2011 at 12:51 PM

    I just found out about the download fee myself last night. Up until then, I had just looked through it online and not tried to download it. However, it does appear if you upload a document yourself, you get download access for 24 hours. When I searched the term genealogy, several people had opted to upload a written history of their family so that may be an option if you are interested.

    Even without the ability to download the book, for those that can't afford a hard copy, being able to read the book online can be helpful.

  • Brenda Leyndyke says:
    September 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM

    Thanks for the tip. I plan to check and see what other genealogy related sources they have.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
468x60 (static) Trade Books for Free - PaperBack Swap.