Free Coupons for Scrapbooking

Update 27 Dec 2011: Since this post is over a year old now and still getting visits, I feel I should add an update. While getting coupons is one of the benefits of signing up for the Michaels mailing list, I'm no longer sure whether it is a 40% off one as it was when I posted. If you wish to sign up anyway, the signup is near the bottom of the store's homepage.


For those that prefer not to sign up to a mailing list, there is another options. You can click on the link to the weekly ad at the top of the page. There is usually a coupon in the ad which can be printed.

I've spoke before about family tree scrapbooking. If you've missed those posts, a family tree scrapbook is similar to a traditional scrapbook. The difference lies in the fact that it serves as a record of your ancestry in book form. You can include documents, photographs and other mementos that show your family's heritage.

My sister is a big fan of traditional scrapbooking and she recently came across a nice coupon for her favorite scrapbook supply store. Michaels stocks a number of supplies, not only for scrapbooking, but also other arts and crafts. If you sign up for their email list, you get a 40% off coupon to be used on any single non-sale item in the store. Just scroll down the page to the bottom left corner to sign up and get your coupon.

I picked up the Heritage Scrap Kit by K&Company/ancestry.com for less than $10. It contains 12 designer pages, 8 grand adhesions, 8 die-cut stickers, 70 clearly yours and 12 die-cut cardstock. Some of the features of the kit include a family tree which holds 10 pictures, a page for your family's story, a family group sheet, and a pedigree sheet, just to name a few.


There were other kits and papers that can be used for family scrapbooking as well. If you have a Michael's nearby or are traveling near one, print out a coupon and check out what they have. Be sure to check the receipt and bag after you check out. My receipt yesterday had a 50% off coupon and the bag had a paper which had more coupons.

I'll be getting started on my first family tree scrapbook soon. Keep an eye out for future Free Genealogy Resources post that show my progress.

2 comments:

  • jenicoe2001 says:
    August 20, 2010 at 5:42 PM

    I had been sceptical about scrapbooking genealogy info, but after yout article,I think I have changed my mind!The kit you got (ancestry.com) looks great!I can't seem to find the link to the coupon for Micheals you mentioned, did I miss it? Thanks!!
    jenicoe2001@yahoo.com

  • Free Genealogy Resources says:
    August 22, 2010 at 11:52 AM

    Once the home page for Micheal's finishes loading, scroll down the page and look on left side just above the red bar. You should see a box that says Get 40% off any one regular price item coupon. Click on it and it will take you to a page where you can sign up. You get the coupon after registering.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
468x60 (static) Trade Books for Free - PaperBack Swap.